Sunday Brunch: Exereton (Thermi) honest review






 if you haven't tried the sweets from this place, you are certainly missing out. We buy them pretty often and they are divine every single time. We have also been there a few times for drinks and brunch but to tell you the truth there are better places for brunch in our town. Lately, it's been on my list of must-visit places again, because of the room with the fireplace and all the Christmas lights. It looks very festive and cozy! I think it is definitely worth at least one visit. You might want to make a reservation before you go, especially if it's during the weekend. Now, during our last visit, which was today actually, things didn't go very smoothly, and had I not been there before, I would not be willing to give it another chance. If this had been my first impression of the place, I would have been very disappointed indeed. First of all, the waitress dropped the spoon of one of the coffees on my son and spilled juice on his hands and sweater as well. She did say sorry but didn't even bother to bring a napkin. Then, they brought me the wrong coffee, and they were confused because they didn't seem to know what a latte macchiato is. The waiter said it didn't exist (!), rather than saying they don't know what it is or even they don't serve it! Either would be fine! I explained it is warm milk with a shot of espresso and I have had this numerous times in countless venues! Then, they took ages bringing it, even though they did bring a weak version of a latte macchiato finally, in the wrong glass. Maybe they were trying to google what it was, or enquiring among the stuff to see if anyone knew what it was, who knows!?! When the food came, I knew everything would be better, lol! We ordered a deconstructed 'bougatsa' which they assemble in front of you, and even though it is not very photogenic it tastes lovely! yum! And a french toast 'tsoureki', which was nice, but they make it a lot better in a place very near this one!!! All in all, it was a mediocre experience but maybe it was just one of these days where things don't go perfectly! It is still my favourite shop to get excellent quality desserts and they also gave sugar-free sweets and ice cream, which you HAVE TO try if you haven't already. 

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις